Subject: FWD: Seminar on Molecular Modeling

From: Pieter Stouten <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1992 17:18:22 +0100

[...]

Date: 17 Nov 1992 13:30:58 -0500
From: Cyrelle Gerson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Seminar on Molecular Modeling

[...]

If you're like many scientists, you wonder if there's anything more to
computer-aided modeling than stunning graphics and sophisticated theory.
Maybe you question whether computer-aided modeling has ever actually led to
the development of any new products.  On March 16, 1993, you'll have an
answer.

LIVE VIA SATELLITE, the American Chemical Society will broadcast "Molecular
Modeling in the Discovery of New Drugs." This seminar is international in
scope and is designed for those who perform basic research in drug development
or macromolecular structure, including pharmaceutical, medicinal, or
computational chemists, biochemists, or structural biologists. Participants
should possess a basic knowledge of molecular interactions, medicinal
chemistry and organic chemistry.  Familiarity with computational chemistry and
X-ray crystallography is highly recommended.

The host will be Helen Free, President-Elect, American Chemical Society.
American speakers from Merck Research Laboratories, National Cancer Institute,
and Agouron Pharmaceuticals will be featured. ACS is also negotiating with two
European speakers to have them participate as well.

In Just Three Hours This Seminar Will Cover:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-  A New Technology That Has Lead to the Discovery of New Drugs
-  How Structural Information is Used in the Discovery of New Drugs
-  The Basics and Specifics of Ligand/Macromolecule Interactions
-  How Visualization of Enzyme/Inhibitor Complexes Can Suggest Optimization 
   Strategies and Even Lead to de novo Design
-  How to Implement New Technology for the Discovery of New Drugs
-  Ways That Structural Information Can be Used to Discover Novel Pharmaceutical
   or Paradigms for Drug Design
-  New or Alternative Approaches to Solving Your Particular Drug Design Problems
-  How Structure Can Help You to Conceptualize Drug Resistance

It will also feature panel discussions--an invaluable opportunity to pose your
most pressing questions directly to the speakers, all of whom are noted
experts in the field of molecular modeling.

[...]

Sincerely,

Cyrelle Gerson
Internet:  [email-masked]
Bitnet:    ckg97@cas
Manager, Media Courses

PS:  If you are not interested, but you know of others who would be, please
forward this message to them.