Subject: PCModel

From: [email-masked] (Joe Landman)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 09:55:08 EST

Fellow CCL readers:

  I have recently learned very little about a program called PC Model (or some
permutation thereof) that will do a nice job of ball and stick visualization
on data from MD runs.  I am interested in giving this a shot, but archie cannot
find it.  I have written my own rudimentary ball and stick display program
to toss up MD movies of my runs, but I do not want to reinvent this 
particular wheel unless absolutely necessary (its a big expenditure of time that
I do not have).
  Barring PC Model, I could be satisfied with some sort of visualization tool
(I have XMol, and I like it, but it will turn itself off in a few months...;-<)
that will run either on an xterm or a PC (a 386/486 under dos, windows, or OS/2)
Any suggestions ?  (Input file format is not a problem for me,I have written
a program to take my data and convert it to xyz format, and I can form
any other sort of data file necessary)

Thanks in advance!

Joe Landman

[email-masked]