Subject: Computer Assisted Chemistry Course Info Requested

From: /PN=DAVID.W.ELROD/DD.ID=SSW.DWELROD/PRMD=UPJOHN/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=US/@sprint.com
Date: 27 Jan 93 08:59:32-0500

To: OPENADDR--SSW
 
From: Dave Elrod
      Computational Chemistry, Upjohn Laboratories
      7247-267-1    5-7772
Subject: Computer Assisted Chemistry Course Info Requested

 
I am helping to design a possible new course on computer methods in chemistry
at Western Michigan University.  The focus would be fairly broad and might
include molecular modeling, computer-assisted organic synthesis, chemical
reaction databases, 3D structure generation and searching, pharmacophore
mapping, molecular graphics, QSAR, and QSPR, to name a few.
 
Is anyone teaching such a course or courses?  I would appreciate hearing about
similar courses that you teach or have taken.  Also suggestions for texts would
be useful.
If you can send directly to me, I will summarize the comments and post the
results.  We are not yet on Internet (any month now...) and have to access
Internet through Sprint, which accounts for the long email id.  I have a 2nd
account at WMU which can be used if my primary email id will not work from your
system.
Thanks for the help.
        David Elrod, Ph.D.
        Computational Chemistry
        Upjohn Laboratories
        301 Henrietta St,
        Kalamazoo, MI 49002
        616/385-7772  FAX 616/385-8488
Internet:  /DD.ID=SSW.DWELROD/PRMD=UPJOHN/ADMD=TELEMAIL/C=US/@SPRINT.COM
2nd choice Internet:  [email-masked]