Subject: Re: Transfering 2D-NMR data Bruker-SGI-Felix

From: [email-masked] (Ross Mair)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 23:58:47 +1000 (EST)

Darek Bogdal wrote:

> I am looking for a guru and couple his suggestions how to transfer
> 2D-NMR data from Bruker AC300 machine to SGI, so that I could
> obtain them in matrix form and run under Felix.

Looks like my specialist area...  :)

You require a program called NMRNET that is available by anon-ftp.
Put a version of it on your Aspect, and a version on PC.
Link the Aspect and PC with a custom made cable, connected to a paralell I/O
board in the PC.
Then ftp the raw Bruker data files from the PC to the SGI.
Convert to Felix format data, process in Felix.

Easy... and cheap!

I'll email you more specific info.

Ross

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross Mair                             Email: [email-masked]
NMR Lab                               Snail: Mail 41, Swinburne University,
Applied Chemistry Dept                       PO Box 218, Hawthorn, 3122.
Swinburne University of Technology    Fax:   +61-3-8190834
Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia         Voice: +61-3-8198843
---------------------------------------------------------------------------