Subject: Bugs in Felix NMR software???

From: [email-masked] (Ross Mair)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1993 03:51:56 +1000 (EST)

Dear Netters,

I was wondering whether anyone using Felix V 2.05 for NMR data processing
on an SGI running IRIX 4.0.5 has come across these obscure bugs I found tonight.

- After entering the Pick-Fitting routine a number of times, some of the
buttons on the control panel start to disappear.

- The 'gsp' command to generate a synthetic spectrum, invoked either fmo the
menu or the command, appears to have no effect whatsoever.

If anyone has seen these problems, and/or developed a work around (other
than buying Felix V 2.10 !!), I'd be glad to hear from you.

Many Thanks,

Ross

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ross Mair                             Email: [email-masked]
NMR Lab                               Snail: Mail 41, Swinburne University,
Applied Chemistry Dept                       PO Box 218, Hawthorn, 3122.
Swinburne University of Technology    Fax:   +61-3-8190834
Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia         Voice: +61-3-8198843
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Song Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 93 17:46:20 -0800

> than buying Felix V 2.10 !!), I'd be glad to hear from you.
We have the same problem when running Felix on the Sgi, the window
doesn't seem to be able to refresh itself, and it is the same either
using X-window or Gl-based window. However, it worked find with
X-window or Openwindow running on Sparcstation.

I hope we can get some useful information from you.

Song Liu
Chemistry,
UC, Irvine
E-mail : [email-masked]