Subject: Calculations of CARBENES selectivity Index

From: [email-masked]
Date: 23 Aug 93 14:33:22 MET-1

I'm a last-year student of chemistry at the Warsaw Technical University. I'm
investigating the synthesis of both diazirines and corresponding carbenes
(fig.1)                                                          ^^^^^^^^
                      X
                       \
                         C:
                       /
                      Y

                      Fig.1

- as products of their decomposition. Philicity of carbenes have shown
"selectivity index":

m_(CXY)= -1.10*( [SIGMA_XY] [small sigma_R^+] ) +
                          + 0.53*( [SIGMA_XY] [small sigma_I] ) - 0.31

Info: [SIGMA_XY]: sum
      [small sigma]: factor

    I'll be very grateful for sending me information concerning problems
listed below:
    1. factors: [small sigma_R^+] and [small sigma_I] for X or Y :
       4-fluorphenoxy-,  4-chlorphenoxy-,  4-methylphenoxy-,  4-
       methoxyphenoxy, 4- cyanphenoxy-, 2,2,2- trichlorethoxy-;

    2. suggestions how to count them if you don't know any publications
listing those data;

    3. contact with prof. R. W. Taft (see 4);

    4. I would like to get this article: Ehrenson, S.; Brownlee, R. T. C.;
Taft, R. W.; Prog.Phys.Org.Chem.; 1973,10,1; if you could send me it.

            Any suggestions, recommendations to solve this would be highly
appreciated. Has anyone else faced similar problems?
Thanks in advance,

-Agnieszka Samulska

Please don't forward this message to a LIST (I'm not subscribe to this)
but answer me personally:
MY E-MAIL ADRESS:
                   [email-masked]

                                          -==--==--==-<PW>-==--==--==-
                                        Politechnika, Wydz. Chemiczny
                                            Noakowskiego 3, 00-664
                                                 Warszawa
                                            [email-masked]
                                         -==--==--==-<  >-==--==--==-