Subject: IRIX 5.0.1 & MOPAC 6.0??

From: "Gregory L. Durst - DowElanco Discovery Research" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1993 12:45:35 -0500 (EST)

Dear netters,

We recently upgraded one of our SGI servers to an Onyx running IRIX 5.0.1
and have seen a problem running MOPAC 6.0 with ESP options compiled in. 
Now when we run a MOPAC job, the machine is unable to execute any
other programs. Things just won't run! Never seen anything like this before.
Errors appear in the console window stating things like:

NOTICE: dupreg - temporarily insufficient memory to allocate virtual swap space,
 process buttonfly [1592]

	OR

NOTICE: growreg - temporarily insufficient memory to expand region, process 
sybyl [1596]

This does *not* happen on our other SGI server running IRIX 4.0.5. and if
we use a copy of MOPAC 6.0 without the ESP modules compiled in, there is 
no problem on the new Onyx...I'm now very suspicious that the problem 
has something to do with the new OS and the ESP modules in MOPAC 6.0. 
Anybody seen anything similar?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Greg Durst
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Gregory L. Durst                   Computational Chemistry        |
|   phone:   317/337-3413              DowElanco Discovery Research   |
|   email:   [email-masked]      9410 Zionsville Rd.  D-2       |
|                                      Indianapolis, IN  46268        |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------