Subject: Accessible Surface Areas...

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1993 19:35:40 -0500 (CDT)

Dear netters:

Is anyone aware of an algorithm that can compute polar and non-polar
solvent accessible surface areas for a PARTIAL MOLECULAR SURFACE, i.e.
a region of approximately 1000 square angstroms around a particular
residue in a protein?

I am not familiar with a program that does it and do know that both
ACCESS and the MSP suite do not implement this.

Before I write my own code to do the same, I was wondering if someone
had already done this?

I would appreciate a quick response on this matter.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                                 [email-masked] - Internet
UNIX Programming & Administration         [email-masked] - CIS
SPARC & SGI Systems                       [email-masked] - CHPC
Department of Biochemistry                [email-masked]
UTHSCSA       
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                       (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************