Subject: Genetic Algorithms in Chemistry: bibliography

From: [email-masked] (judson richard s)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 93 11:09:16 -0700

Peter Jurs writes asking about information on the use of 
Genetic Algorithms in chemistry. 

This is my current list of papers published using GAs in chemistry
for conformation searching, protein folding, homology based
protein structure determination, NMR peak assignment and 
laser pulse design.

Richard Judson, [email-masked]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
GA bibliography 8/30/93
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

P. Tuffery, et al., J.Biomol. Struct. and Dyn., vol. 8, 1267 (1991).
"A new approach to the rapid determination of protein side chain
conformations"

C.B. Lucasius, et al., p. 251 in "Handbook of Genetic Algorithms", Ed.: 
Lawrence Davis (Van Nostrand, NY, 1991) .
"A Genetic Algorithm for Conformational Analysis of DNA"

M.J.J. Blommers, et al., Biopolymers, vol.32 45 (1992).
"Conformational analysis of a dinucleotide photodimer with the aid of
the genetic algorithm"

R.W. Smith, Comput.Phys.Comm. (around 1992).
"Energy minimization in binary alloy models via genetic algorithms"

R.S. Judson and H. Rabitz, Phys.Rev.Lett. Vol. 68,  1500 (1992).
"Teaching Lasers to Control Molecules"

R.S. Judson, et al. Intl.J.Quant.Chem. vol 44, 277 (1992).
"Do intelligent configuration search techniques outperform random search
for large molecules?"

R.S. Judson, J.Phys.Chem., vol 96, 10102 (1992).
"Teaching polymers to fold"

T. Dandekar and P. Argos, Protein Enging., vol. 5, 637 (1992).
"Potential of genetic algorithms in protein folding and protein 
engineering simulations"

S. LeGrand and K. Merz, J.Global Opt., Vol. 3, 49 (1993).
"The application of the Genetic Algorithm to the minimization of
potential energy functions"

R. Unger and J.Moult, J.Mol.Bio. Vol. 231, 75 (1993).
"Genetic algorithms for protein folding simulations"

S. Sun, Protein Sci. Vol. 2, 762 (1993).
"Reduced representation model of protein structure prediction: 
statistical potential and geentic algorithms"

A.W.R. Payne and R.C. Glen, J.Mol.Graphics, Vol. 11, 74 (1993).
"Molecular Recognition using a binary genetic search algorithm"

C.B. Lucasius and G. Kateman, Chemomet.&Intell.Lab.Systems, Vol. 19, 1 (1993).
"Understanding and using genetic algorithms, Part 1. Concepts, properties 
and context"

R. Wehrens, et al., J.Chem.Inf.Comput.Sci, Vol. 33, 245 (1993).
"Sequential Assignment of 2D-NMR Spectra of Proteins using genetic algorithms"

D.B. McGarrah and R.S. Judson, J.Comp.Chem. Vol. 14, p??? (1993).
"An analysis of the genetic algorithm method of molecular conformation
determination"

R.S. Judson, E. Jaeger, A. Treasurywala, J.Comp.Chem. Vol. 14, p??? (1993).
"Conformation searching methods for small molecules II: A Genetic
algorithm approach"