Subject: Re: Books on semi-emperical methods

From: Ilya Logunov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 93 17:23:53 -0500

A few days ago I asked about the literature on semi-empirical methods  
in quantum chemistry. I am very grateful to everybody who responded  
to my inquiry. Here is the summary of the answers that I got.

(1) Vinda C. Epa and Jon Erickson recommended "Reviews in  
Computational Chemistry" (ed.s Lipkowitz and Boyd):
Volume 1 - Chapter 2 (pg.s 45-81) by J.Stewart, and
Volume 2 - Chapter 8 (pg.s 313-365) by M.Zerner

(2) Jon Erickson also suggested Tim Clark's "Handbook of  
computational Chemistry".

(3) John McKelvey suggested to read all the articles one can find in  
Theoretical Chimica Acta by Karl Jug.

(4) Raine Stumpe recommended two books:
1. V.I. Minkin, B.Ya. Simkin, R.M. Minyaev, Rostov University, USSR,
"Quantum Chemistry of Organic Compounds - Mechanisms of Reactions",
1990. Approx. 290 pp. 66 figs. 37 tabs. 262 schemes. Hardcover DM  
148,- ISBN 3-540-52530-0

2. E.A. Halevi, Technion The Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa,  
Israel
"Orbital Symmetry and Reaction Mechanism - The OCAMS View
1991. Approx. 355 pp. 113 figs. Hardcover DM 68,- ISBN 3-540-50164-9

*********************************************************
Ilya Logunov
University of Illinois at U-C
[email-masked]
*********************************************************