Subject: SW Theor. Chem. Conf. - last call

From: [email-masked] (Kent F. Milfeld)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 93 18:00:02 -0500

*****************************************************
        *                                                   *
        *     Southwest Theoretical Chemistry Conference    *
        *              November 12 & 13, 1993               *
        *                    SwT                            *
	*                       \                           *
	*                        C=C                        *
	*             - Univ. of Texas System -             *
	*       Center for High Performance Computing       *
	*                                                   *
	*****************************************************
    
                       LAST ANNOUNCEMENT
                      (Deadline extended until Oct. 28)
  
The annual Southwest Theoretical Chemistry Conference will be held at
The University of Texas System Center for High Performance Computing (CHPC)
on Friday and Saturday, November 12 and 13, 1993.  We anticipate that the
conference will last through Saturday morning or possibly early afternoon.
All theoretical chemists are invited to participate.

                            PROGRAM

Friday and Saturday will consist of lectures and poster sessions.  Lecture 
presentations will be 20-25 minutes in length, followed by 5-minute discussions.
As usual, postdoctoral associates and graduate students are encouraged to 
present new and exciting research as well.  The space to display posters will 
be 4'h x 8'w tack boards.  Push pins will be provided for mounting.  Please 
bring any other special materials you may need.

The invited speaker is Professor Keiji Morokuma of Emory University.

                           ABSTRACTS

Lecture and poster abstracts must be received no later than October 27.  
Include the title, author's name and organization, and the abstract on a single
page.  Mail abstract text to "[email-masked]" (e-mail -- preferred); 
or US mail to CHPC's address below; or fax it to 512-471-2445.  E-mailed
text will be imported into Microsoft Word and reformatted for the proceedings
booklet.  If you have equations or graphics in your abstract, please send
a hard copy and e-mail the text.

                REGISTRATION AND ACTIVITY DETAILS

The registration fee is $22.00 US and includes a reception on Thursday night,
breaks, and dinner.  The registration fee must be received by October 27, 1993.

Thursday (5:30 pm - 7:30 pm) there will be a reception at CHPC in the Balcones
Research Center (BRC).  If you are interested in graphics, CHPC's visualization
group will demonstrate and explain the steps, processes, and equipment used to 
animate scientific information.  Staff will provide tours of CHPC during this
time.

Friday (6:15 pm) a chartered bus will transport you to the County Line On The 
Lake, a local bar-b-que restaurant, for an all-you-can-eat feast.

                               HOTEL

We have blocked rooms at the Holiday Inn Northwest Plaza, (512-343-0888).  The 
room rate is $59 per night and will be held until October 22, 1993.  You must 
make reservations directly with the hotel.  Be sure to mention "UT - CHPC" when
making your reservation or you will be charged a higher rate.  If you plan to 
arrive after 6:00 pm, you will need to guarantee the first night lodging by 
credit card or advance deposit. (You may not be able to get a room at
this hotel at this late date -- call Joyce Kokes for information.) 

Dr. Kent Milfeld, SwTCC Host

UT System - CHPC                         Attn: Joyce Kokes (Registration)
Attn: SwTCC                              Attn: Dr. Kent Milfeld (Abstracts)
Balcones Research Center                 [email-masked]
10100 Burnet Rd., CMS 1.154              (800) 262-2472  phone
Austin TX  78758-4497                    (512) 471-2445  fax

                      cut here for registration form
==============================================================================
    SwT                Southwest Theoretical Chemistry Conference
       \               November 12-13, 1993
        C=C
                       REGISTRATION FORM
                                           Mail, E-Mail or Fax Registration to:
                                           UT System - CHPC, Attn: SwTCC
                                           Balcones Research Center
Please TYPE                                10100 Burnet Rd., CMS 1.154,
or PRINT                                   Austin, TX 78758-4497
                                           FAX (512) 471-2445
                                           E-mail  [email-masked]
                                           For Information, call (800) 262-2472
Name (as it will appear on badge)
Last:___________________________ First: _________________________
Organization (as it will appear on badge)
 _________________________________________
US Mailing Address:                        UT Austin ONLY: Campus Address
____________________________________            _________________________ 
____________________________________            _________________________
____________________________________       Campus Mail Code  ____________ 
____________________________________
City _____________________ State ________ Zip Code ______________
Telephone Number: (____)___________ Fax Number: (___)____________
Electronic mail address: ________________________________________

____    Check here if you DO NOT want your name/address listed in the 
        proceedings.
____    Check here for oral presentation.
____    Check here for poster presentation.
        Abstracts must be received no later than October 27, 1993.
Title of POSTER or LECTURE (if available):

 _________________________________________________________________

-----------------------------ACTIVITY ATTENDANCE-----------------------------

I WILL ATTEND THE FOLLOWING
                                          Please check appropriate response
Reception, Thursday 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm           _____YES        _____NO
Dinner, Friday evening                          _____YES        _____NO
Do you require transportation on Friday?        _____YES        _____NO
Transportation to dinner is assigned on a first-come first-serve basis.
Carpooling will be arranged at the conference if we cannot assign you a seat. 

-----------------------------PAYMENT INFORMATION-----------------------------

**Registration - $22 on or before October 27, 1993

  _____ Check enclosed (Make payable to UT SYSTEM - CHPC).
  _____ Check is in the mail.

  _____ IDT Information:        (FOR UT AUSTIN ONLY)

        University Account Number _________________
        University Account Title __________________
        ___________________________________________
        Authorized Signature                   Date
        ___________________________________________
        (Please Print Name Here)

A separate registration form must be completed for each conference attendee.
Maps and other information will be sent to registrants. 

This registration form is available from anonymous ftp: "ftp" to
ftp.chpc.utexas.edu; use "anonymous" and your e-mail address for the account
name and password, respectively; then "cd" to pub/swtcc and "get" regis.