Subject: Wanted:material for Comp. Chem. course

From: [email-masked] (Lutz Ackermann)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 12:59:19 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

We are currently elaborating on a curriculum for a Lab Course in

Computational Chemistry (two quarters, fourth year chemistry students).

We have started this project only recently by evaluating different 

computational methods we employ ourselfs for their usefulness in this contents.

At the same time conceptual work has to be done. We want to design our

own course, but not necessarily all "from scratch". Indeed, as I started my 

search for material of that kind, I found the description of "Chemistry 8003" 

by C. J. Cramer (University of Minnesota) via anonymous ftp at www.ccl.net.

This was very inspiring and has a structure quite similar to what we are

envisioning (the emphasis being somewhat different, though).

This strenghthened my conviction, that there must be some more material

around someplace. So if you know ***any*** textbook, curriculum, collection

of material (slides, handouts, tests, problem sets) printed or electronic

please let me know. Also, if you have personal experience in teaching 

Computaional Chemistry to Chemistry students I would appreciate to learn 

from you. References to literature would be helpfull, too (J. Chem. Educ.

seems to cover some stuff of that sort, but it will be tedious work to find

it without any hint).

             Thanks a lot (in advance) for any  contribution

             L. Ackermann

                          *****************************************************
                          *                                                   *
                          * Dr. Lutz Ackermann                                *
                          *                                                   *
                          * Lehrstuhl fuer Theoretische Chemie (TU Munich)    *
                          * Lichtenbergstr. 4                                 *
                          * 85747 Garching                                    *
                          * Germany                                           *
                          *                                                   *
                          * room Nr. 63103                                    *
                          * Tel.     (+49 +89) 3209 3602                      *
                          * Fax      (+49 +89) 3209 3622                      *
                          * e-mail   [email-masked]   *
                          *                                                   *
                          *****************************************************