Subject: CDN Comput. Chem. Conf.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1993 12:12 EST

First Announcement and Call for Papers
          2nd Canadian Computational Chemistry Conference
      Deuxieme Conference Canadienne en Chimie Computationelle
                         May 21-25, 1994
           Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada

     This is the first announcement of the 2nd Cµ4 and the first call
for contributed papers and posters.  The Cµ4 brings together
Computational Chemists from academia, government, and industry from
around the world for the purpose of exchanging new ideas, methods, and
techniques for the advancement of Computational Chemistry.  The program
is divided into four general subject areas:
       Applications of Computational Chemistry:
             Biological, Pharmaceutical, Materials Science, and Chemical�
       Electronic Structure Computations:
             Density Functional Theory and Ab Initio Methods
       Collision and Dynamics Computations
       Current and Future Trends
The conference will consist of invited talks, contributed talks and
poster sessions.  As well, there will be equipment and software vendor
exhibits.  Preliminary estimates of registration costs are:
 Plan A:   $335.00 (CDN)  includes accommodation (4 nights), breakfasts,
                         lunches and coffee breaks
 Plan B:   $200.00 (CDN)  includes lunches and coffee breaks
Final costs may vary slightly and will be quoted in the second
announcement.  The Plan A accommodation consists of a single room
in the university residence.  Hotels and restaurants are within
walking distance.  Participation by post-doctoral fellows and
graduate students is especially encouraged.  Kingston is accessible
by plane, train, and bus directly from Toronto and Montreal.  For a
conference registration form and/or further information, send your
name, address, and email address to:
          Dr. Ken Edgecombe
          Dept. of Chemistry           [email-masked]
          Queen's University
          Kingston, Ontario            FAX (613) 545-6669
          Canada   K7L 3N6

     Organizing Committee for the 2nd Cµ4:
     A. D. Becke, K. E. Edgecombe, V. H. Smith, Jr., D. M. Wardlaw,
  D. F. Weaver, Dept. of Chem., Queen's University

               --------------------------------------

Name: ..............................................................
Address: ...........................................................
         ...........................................................
         ...........................................................
e-mail: ............................................................