Subject: Fance Applications of Computational Chemistry

From: [email-masked] (Charles Martin)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1993 11:41:16 -0600 (CST)

Anatoly Belonoshko asks:

>Does anybody know any fascinating (or just any) examples how
>MD/MM/ab initio approach/s has helped to discover/predict new
>materials?

I thought some other people might be interested in some recent topical
articles.

The second to last issue of Discover magazine has an article
on the applications of semiempirical and ab initio quantum chemsitry.

The latest issue of Scientific American has an article on
Computers in Drug Design (I know this should be popular :)

Enjoy
Chuck

==================================================================
Charles H. Martin

email: [email-masked]

U.S. snail:
        c/o Freed Group
        The James Franck Institute and 
        The Department of Chemistry
        The University of Chicago
        5640 South Ellis Avenue
        Chicago, Illinois  60637

Work:  (312) 702-3457
Fax:   (312) 702-5863  
==================================================================