Subject: Software for review

From: "STEPHEN R. HELLER" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Nov 93 14:41:00 EDT

19 November, 1993

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

     As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get
software for review in the journal.  I now have some packages  in
hand (see below) and I am looking for people who are willing to
review the software.  In return for the review you get to keep
the software.  The review should be completed in 1-2 months.  The
length of the review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample
reviews can be found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

     If you want to review a particular package please try to
give me some (short) reason to choose you over another person. DO
NOT SAY YOU WILL REVIEW ANYTHING I HAVE AVAILABLE. Messages with
such replies are trashed!

     I have tried this approach for over two years and it is
working reasonably well. (For those who haven't finished your
reviews of software sent months and months ago, this last
sentence does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am continuing
this new method to find reviewers using this e-mail/user group
system.  I reserve the right to abandon this if it is a problem,
or inappropriate.  I will not notify people if I have found a
reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within 1-3 days I have
chosen someone else to review the particular package.

     As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message,
please do not respond after 22 November, 1993 (Monday), as I am
sure the software will be gone by then.

     I can be reached on INTERNET ([email-masked]).

     PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!  (I send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I will not consider your request.

     Steve Heller

The packages I now have are:

1. Lotus Freelance, Release 2.

2. FoxPro for DOS, Version 2.5.

3. FoxPro for Windows, Version 2.5.

4. Scientist - an IBM PC based program from MicroMath designed 
to fit model equations to experimental data.

5. InPlot, IBM DOS PC based software from Intuitive Software for
Science, for high quality plotting and graphics presentation.

6. Instal, IBM DOS PC based software from Intuitive Software for
Science, for statistics.

7. Instal, Mac version of above software from Intuitive Software
for Science, for statistics.

8. InTend, IBM DOS PC based software from Intuitive Software for
Science, for locating and re-ordering chemicals.

9. Kekule, an IBM PC based program for scanning structure
diagrams and creating connection tables.