Subject: Mopac6.0 under Linux

From: [email-masked] (Peeter Burk)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 14:56:59 +0000 ()

Dear Netters,

I have been trying to compile Mopac 6.0 under Linux (free Unix-like OS for
i386/486), but with little success: litle jobs like H2O run neatly, but any 
bigger job lock my machine after some minutes. So I want to ask the 
community: have someone got Mopac 6.0 succesfully compiled under Linux and
is willing to share his experience or may be even patched sources?
And I am also interested which other comp.chem. programs are available
under Linux.
Thanks for reading (and answering)

				Peeter

-- 
Peeter Burk				Jakobi 2, EE2400 Tartu, Estonia
Institute of Chemical Physics		Phone (372-34) 31-263   	
Tartu University			Fax   (372-72) 41-453   	
Estonia					E-mail [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Harry C. Johnson)
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 93 09:39:31 -0500

I am using Linux on a couple of the PC's in our department, but I
don't have any comp. chem. software running on any of them.  I would
like to know what responses if any you get to your question, and also
where did you get the source for mopac 6.0?

Thanx for your time!
-Harry