Subject: * book announcement *

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1993 10:06:07 -0500 (EST)

A new volume in the book series REVIEWS IN COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY
has just been published.  Volume V features 458 pages of tutorials and
reviews on the following topics: 

The Development of Computational Chemistry in the United States
	John D. Bolcer and Robert B. Hermann
Applications of Post-Hartree-Fock Methods: A Tutorial
	Rodney J. Bartlett and John F. Stanton
Population Analysis and Electron Densities from Quantum Mechanics
	Steven M. Bachrach
Biological Applications of Electrostatic Calculations and Brownian
	Dynamics Simulations 
	Jeffry D. Madura, Malcolm E. Davis, Michael K. Gilson, 
	Rebecca C. Wade, Brock A. Luty, and J. Andrew McCammon
Computer Simulation of Lipid Systems
	K. V. Damodaran and Kenneth M. Merz Jr.
Distance Geometry in Molecular Modeling
	Jeffrey M. Blaney and J. Scott Dixon
A Perspective of Modern Methods in Computer-Aided Drug Design
	Lisa M. Balbes, S. Wayne Mascarella, and Donald B. Boyd
Compendium of Software
	Donald B. Boyd

Balancing academic and industrial interests, REVIEWS IN COMPUTATIONAL
CHEMISTRY features definitive treatments of the latest advances in
computational methods for chemists and scientists in allied fields.  A
valuable resource for novices and practitioners alike, many of the
chapters are written as tutorials aimed at the level of first- or 
second-year graduate students. 

All aspects of computer-aided chemistry are within the scope of the
series, including molecular modeling, molecular mechanics and dynamics,
quantum chemistry, computer-assisted molecular design, quantitative
structure-activity relationships, and structural databases.  Included in
each volume is a continually updated, comprehensive software compendium
which serves as a valuable source guide.  Listed are hundreds of
programs, services, suppliers, and other helpful information. 

Kenny Lipkowitz and Donald B. Boyd, Co-Editors.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Information about Volume V (ISBN 1-56081-658-9) can be obtained from 
VCH Publishers, 303 NW 12th Avenue, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442, tel.
800-367-8249, fax: 1-800-367-8247.  In Europe, contact VCH, POB 101161,
69451 Weinheim, Germany, tel. 49-6201-6060, fax: 49-6201-606328.  Price
is $110, but with a standing order for the series, it is reduced to $90.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

From: BOYD DONALD B                 (MCVAX0::QSAR)

To:   VMS MAIL ADDRESSEE            (INT::"[email-masked]")
cc:   BOYD DONALD B                 (MCVAX0::QSAR)