Subject: domain error on IBM-PC

From: Harald Lanig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 93 08:37:41 +0100

Dear netters!

I tried to compile react2 by Mike Whitbeck, a program to simulate
chemical reaction kinetics on a 486DX33 using Borland C 2.0
The package is available on our kekule-server.
The compilation is done, but the program runs into a floating-point
domain error. A sample program to test the lsoda integrator (also in
the package) fails with the same error.
I think the problem has todo with machine dependent precision in variable-type
specification. Has anyone out there solved this problem? 
Possibly someone is using the lsoda routines on a IBM PC. (React2 runs
perfectly on a SUN Sparc 2!) Perhaps, DOS executables are alrady available?

Thanks in advance for any help or comment!

-Harry

---------------------------------------------------------------
Harald Lanig                 Institut fuer Physikalische Chemie
                             Marcusstr. 9-11
phone: +49(0)931-31-510      97070 Wuerzburg
  fax: +49(0)931-57-849      Germany
email: [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------