Subject: DNA structure analysis software.

From: K Bryson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1993 17:26:46 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
		A previous message on a database for Nucleic Acid
	X-ray structures has got me wondering about how much software
	is out there to analyse nucleic acid structures.
		I know of R.E. Dickerson's Newhelix93 program for static
	structure analysis but do not know any other programs for the
	analysis of features not provided by this program such as
	Shear and Opening Parameters between base-pairs.
		For trajectory analysis I know G. Ravishanker has a
	program called 'Curves, Dials and Windows' and R. Lavery has
	a program called CURVES 3.0 ( not sure if it's the same program ),
	but I do not have sources or know the availability of these.

		I would be grateful to receive information on these types
	of packages, personal feelings about their use, and sources to 
	obtain them.
		If the response is fruitful then I will form a summary of
	programs, their features and ftp sites.

	Thanks,
		Kevin.
		
 ----------~~~~~~------~~~~~~~~~~---------------~~~~~----------~~~~~--
    K.Bryson                 email: [email-masked]   
    Biophysics Group         Tel  : +44 904 430000 Extn. 2236  
    Physics Department       Fax  : +44 904 432214
    University of York      
    Heslington              "Molecular modelling of DNA and its
    YORK, UK                    interaction with small molecules."
    YO1 5DD             
 -------------------~~~~~-------------~~~~--------~~~~--------~~~~~---