Subject: Re domain error on IBM-PC

From: "Wojciech Galazka" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 93 12:56:47 CST

>Dear netters!
>
>I tried to compile react2 by Mike Whitbeck, a program to simulate
>chemical reaction kinetics on a 486DX33 using Borland C 2.0
>The package is available on our kekule-server.
>The compilation is done, but the program runs into a floating-point
>domain error. A sample program to test the lsoda integrator (also in
>the package) fails with the same error.
>I think the problem has todo with machine dependent precision in variable-type
>specification. Has anyone out there solved this problem? 
>Possibly someone is using the lsoda routines on a IBM PC. (React2 runs
>perfectly on a SUN Sparc 2!) Perhaps, DOS executables are alrady available?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help or comment!
>
>-Harry
>---------------------------------------------------------------
>Harald Lanig                 Institut fuer Physikalische Chemie
>                             Marcusstr. 9-11
>phone: +49(0)931-31-510      97070 Wuerzburg
>  fax: +49(0)931-57-849      Germany
>email: [email-masked]
>---------------------------------------------------------------
>

 Borland C/C++ v 2.0 compiler has some mysterious bugs. Alhough some 
patches to this release of Borland's compilers is now available I suggest to
swutch to Borland C/C++ v 3.1 (or wait for a longer while to get the 4.0, 
the latest version with 32 bit compiler).
                Wojciech Galazka
////////////////////////////////////////////////////******************
//  Wojciech Galazka                              //                 *
//  Computer Center                               // Chemistry - yes *
//  Chemistry Department,  University of Warsaw   // Distorsions- no *
//  Pasteura 1, 02-093 Warsaw, Poland             //                 *
//   [email-masked]                      //                 *
////////////////////////////////////////////////////******************