Subject: RE:Protein force fields

From: Charles Letner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 09:39:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,
	Yesterday I asked about the kollman-all-atom -vs- the
kollman-united-atom force fields.  In this I mentioned two papers that
indicate that the united-atom force field may be the better of the two. 
I've had many request for these references so here they are:

The reference that state more study is needed is:
	Kini, R. M., and Evens, H. J., J. Biomol. Str. and Dyn., 9,
3(1991), pg. 475.

The other reference is:
	Whitlow, M., and Teeter, M. M., JACS, 108, 1986, pg. 7163.

Any comments on these two papers would be appreciated.
Thanks 
Chuck

Charles Letner
Wright State University
Department of Biochemistry
Dayton, OH 45435
e-mail: [email-masked]