Subject: LINPACK in C

From: Neven Duic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 19:30:32 +0100

Dear Netters,

Has anybody seen LINPACK routines written in C? Thanks for help.

Faithfully yours,
			Neven Duic
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Song Ling)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 13:01:05 -0800

How about EISPACK and LINPACK in FORTRAN?
Are they freeware?  If so where can they be fetched?  Thanks!

---

From: [email-masked] (Ron Shepard)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 16:50:57 CST

>Are they freeware?  If so where can they be fetched?  Thanks!

I expect that most have figured this out already, but the anonymous
ftp address for netlib has been changed from research.att.com.  The
correct address is included in the following README file. -Ron Shepard
**********************************************************************

The netlib ftp site has moved to ftp://netlib.att.com/netlib/
so you should now use
	ftp netlib.att.com
	name: anonymous
	password: <your email address>
	binary
	cd netlib

If you have trouble getting through, send email to
[email-masked].

---

From: "Donald M. Frederick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 93 15:43:13 -0800

> ---Administrivia: This message is automatically appended by the mail exploder:
> [email-masked] -- everyone     | [email-masked] -- coordinator
> [email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY  | Gopher: www.ccl.net (coming soon)
> Anon. ftp www.ccl.net     | [email-masked] -- archive search
> 

My understanding is that both LINPACK and EISPACK have been superceded by
LAPACK which contains the functionality of both. It is available from
[email-masked] as source code. I believe that a "C" version will soon be
available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Donald Frederick       |      Office of Academic Computing
        [email-masked]       |      University of California, Irvine
             [email-masked]       |      Irvine, CA  92717
        (714) 725-3200         |      FAX (714) 725-2069
-----------------------------------------------------------------------