Subject: Wanted - teaching materials in Xtallography..

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1993 10:58:50 -0600 (CST)

Dear Netters

A colleague of mine is planning on extending some of the course work
from "Crystallography and Macromolecular Structure" to Distance-Learning
and Self-Paced Tuition programs.  This service will provided from
Brikbeck College, London, U.K.  

Are the readers of CCL aware of programs, scripts, and pedagogically
oriented resources developed for teaching elements of crystallography
and structure?  If you do, please respond to me.

Basically, anything is o.k., even if at a crude level, so that they
could be modified to accomodate the theme they describe.  The only
requirement is that it should be available for free (or a small nominal
charge) since the students who would be taking the course are not rich!!

Also, has anyone tried distance learning and if so, what are your
experiences?

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                                 [email-masked] - Internet
UNIX Programming & Administration         [email-masked] - CIS
SPARC & SGI Systems                       [email-masked] - CHPC
Department of Biochemistry                [email-masked]
UTHSCSA       
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                       (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************