Subject: valence bond

From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Dec 93 14:15:00 EST (Tue)

Hello netters,

Can any one please help me in writing valence bond structures for
the systems of the type A-----H-----B (where A and B are not Hydrogens
and can be any element)(in other words, I am looking into the hydrogen
transfer reactions) at the reactant, transition state and product
states.

The reaction is   A  + H--B ------> A--H + B (A and B are radicals)

One more request is that how to calculate the energies and the
corresponding coefficients for each and every Valence bond structure
in the total wave function which is a l.c. of all the valence bond
structures.  Please suggest a good text book or a review article
that helps me more in this matter.

Thanks to all in advance.

Sridhar 
Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - 560 012 . India.

e-mail : [email-masked]

Ps: The reactions can either be symmetric (A=B) or non-symmetric(A.ne.B)