Subject: Public Domain FORTRAN for SGI?

From: [email-masked] (Brian Karlak)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 93 14:13:13 -0800

I'm looking for a public domain version of FORTRAN available for the SGI and/
or available in C source code (I have gcc).  Does anyone have any leads on 
this?

Thanks & Happy Solstice/Christmas/Hanukkah/Consumer Feeding Frenzy

Brian Karlak
NOTE: my mail system is still a little buggy on this side.  My address may
print as "[email-masked]".  However, THIS WILL NOT WORK!  To
respond to my mail, use "[email-masked]" (no ren).

(and remember: Government is an illusion - or a nightmare . . .)

---

From: [email-masked] (Ian Watson)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 23:45:08 -0500 (EST)

> or available in C source code (I have gcc).  Does anyone have any leads on 
Gnu fortran 77 is in late alpha test, and (last I heard) was scheduled to
go to beta before the end of the year. It is based on gcc.

Myself, and at least one other on this list, are among the alpha testers.

I have successfully run several versions of MOPAC through g77 (alpha),
in addition to several tens of thousands of lines of code from other
programmes.  In general, I have found g77 to be in pretty good shape,
although the rapidly shrinking list of problems does include a couple
seemingly specific to SGI - all with easy workarounds.

If your code does not involve anything proprietary, I would be happy to
run it through g77 (alpha) and let you know what to expect.

Am posting to the list as the status info might be of wider scale interest.

> Thanks & Happy Solstice/Christmas/Hanukkah/Consumer Feeding Frenzy

and being a grinch!

Ian Watson                           (716) 722 1165 (voice)
Eastman Kodak R&D                    (716) 477 5879 (fax)
5th Floor Bldg 83                    [email-masked]
Rochester NY 14650-2221                   
USA                                   DoD 0938