Subject: info about conferences in general

From: "Gerald Loeffler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 08:26:12 +0100

Good Morning !

Dr Yuan raised the following question:

> I would like to get a list of 1994 conferences in molecular modeling.
> Is there any anonymous FTP site that I can get informations about 1994
> conferences? I have tried anonymous-access FTP to CCSUN.UNICAMP.BR
> (FTP diectory of Medical Informations and Computing Conferences) but
> failed.

I would like to underline the fact that there seems to be no accepted way
to announce chemistry- and biophysics conferences over the internet.

The newsgroup news.announce.conferences works perfectly for computer-science
related conferences, but chemistry-related conferences simply don't show up
there.

Am I missing some important electronic(!) medium where these kind of
announcements take place? (yes, I read conventional journals, but that's not the
point here)

Will the recently proposed hierarchy of biophysics-newsgroups be used in that
way? (that would cover at least the biophysics conferences.)

	Gerald

--
Gerald Loeffler : [email-masked]

Theoretical Biochemistry Group, Department of Theoretical Chemistry
University of Vienna

Institut fuer Theoretische Chemie und Strahlenchemie der Universitaet Wien
Arbeitsschwerpunkt Theoretische Biochemie
Waehringerstrasse 17/Parterre
A-1090 Wien, Austria