Subject: Re: De Novo Drug design

From: "[email-masked] Rainer Stumpe" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Dec 93 12:19:25 EST

To:   >internet:[email-masked]

Dear Fellow Netters,

About two or three years ago, Hoffmann-La Roche of Switzerland
brought the first "designed" drug to the market. It is a drug
that passes the blood/brain barrier, and is converted by an
ezymatic reaction in the brain to the active compound. The pre-
drug was modelled for that enzyme.

As far as I know, the German chemical and pharmaceutical
industries use Molecular Modelling extensively. following their 
demand, there have been several new position for computational 
chemistry professors founded during the past five years to teach
students the basics of modelling. 
Our MM software MOBY is equally successful in industry and universities.

With the compliments of the season,

Dr. Rainer Stumpe
Springer-Verlag
Chemistry Editorial
Tiergartenstr. 17
D-69121 Heidelberg
INTERNET:[email-masked]