Subject: MOPAC-DOS

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 17:24:34 -0500

Hi!,	
	For those of you clogging Ivar's machine ;-) here is the
address of a reflector site. For those of you that are not aware
of what's going on: Ivar Koppel deposited a copy of the executables
of MOPAC for DOS on his machine. However, the trafic is too high
and the machine keep crashing. You can found a copy of the files in
the following reflector:

		fcindy5.ncifcrf.gov

			or

		    129.43.9.58

login "anonymous" and please enter your e-mail address as password.
What follows is a transcript of the readme file you will find in the
"mopac_dos" subdirectory.

				Good Luck
						R.E.Cachau

_______________________________________________________________

This directory contain the DOS versions of MOPAC and GO32.
What follows is the original e-mail from Ivar Koppel.
Any problems with MOPAC please contact Ivar, I'm helping
him in the distribution but I had no part in the development
of this software.

Files in the directory are:

MOPAC.EXE & GO32.EXE are the original binary executables

MOPAC.EXE.Z & GO32.EXE.Z are the compressed versions of the files.

MOPACDOS.ZIP is the pkzipped version (include _both_ files).

Please fetch a "compressed" version if you have the tools for
decompresion, since that will save quite a bit of bandwidth.

If you don't have the tools, it might be a good idea for you
to pick the tools in the directory ./pub.

_________________________________________________________________

Some weeks ago somebody was interested in MOPAC running under 
DOS. Now I can say that we have ported MOPAC 6.0 under MSDOS. It 
can handle currently 38+38 atoms and is basicly the same program 
as for VMS or IBM (currently only time and date functions are 
missing i.e date is Today and time is 00 sec). In my 33 Mhz 486 
with 4 M RAM it runs as fast as under Linux, compleately in RAM. 
(No swapping required). It was compiled using DJ Delories Gnu CC 
port to MSDOS (DJGPP) and f2c compiler. The size of .EXE file is
ca 1.3 Mb, the only program you need to run MOPAC is a small 
program called go32.exe from DJGPP GCC package (free). If you are
interested, send E-mail to [email-masked] or [email-masked].

     		Best regards, Ivar.

                Ivar Koppel <[email-masked]>

_____________________________________________________________________________
Raul E. Cachau, National Cancer Institute
Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, PRI/DynCorp
Structural Biochemistry Program and Frederick Biomedical Supercomputer Center
Building 322, Room 19, P.O.Box B, Frederick, MD 21702-1201, USA
Phone: +1-(301)-846-6062; Fax: +1-(301)-846-6066; e-Mail: [email-masked]
_____________________________________________________________________________