Subject: AVS 94 and Chemistry

From: "DR. DOUGLAS A. SMITH, UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1993 15:02:19 -0500 (EST)

Dear Chemists:
	The AVS '94 International User Group Conference will be held on 
2-4 May, 1994 in Boston, MA.  Among the many technical and developers tracks,
there is a general track being chaired by Doug Smith.  The six talks which
have been accepted for this track are:

1.  Visualizing  Properties of Atomic and Molecular Systems  in  AVS,
    Ken Flurchick, Lee Bartolotti and Mark Reed
2.  Visualizing   Time   Dependant  Data  from   Molecular   Dynamics
    Simulations using AVS, Upul Obeysekare, Chas Williams and Robert 
    Rosenberg
3.  A  Visualization Environment for Atomic Arrangement and Materials
    Design, Dr. S. A. Khaddai Blackett
4.  Quasicrystal  Modeling  Using  AVS  Takashi  Soma  and   Yasunari
    Watanabe
5.  Processing and Visualization of Infared Images, Dr Yeng Bun
6.  Visualization of Thermodynamic Properties of Gases, Mark Reed and
    Ken Flurchick

	Poster presentations are currently being solicited and reviewed for
acceptance.  For more information on submitting a poster or for information
about the conference in general, contact me via any of the means below.

Douglas A. Smith
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry
 and member,
Center for Drug Design and Development
The University of Toledo
Toledo, OH  43606-3390

voice    419-537-2116
fax      419-537-4033
email    [email-masked]