From: Andrzej Sokalski <[email-masked]>

Dear Craig,
 I am not suprized by your result. In fact all ZDO based methods
like PM3, CNDO/2, INDO etc. have the same problem, neglect of
exchange term of the interaction energy (see J.Mol. Struct.THEOCHEM
234,393(1991) Fig. 1 & 2. This deficiency is frequently corrected by
scaling nuclear repulsion term, but such procedures belong to empirical
atom-atom potential category, rather than rigorous theoretical procedure
with adjustable accuracy. See ref. 22-32 in the above mentioned paper
for reports of similar problems with other ZDO methods.
                          Greetings - Andrzej

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Once again, our thanks and appreciation to all who participated in this
query...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig W. Burkhart, Ph.D.                   Senior Research Chemist 
E-mail: [email-masked]             The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Fone:   216.796.3163                       Research Center
Fax:    216.796.3304                       142 Goodyear Boulevard
					   Akron, OH   44305
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled - Feynman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------