Subject: MAC emulator in SGI machine?

From: Gustavo Mercier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 13:48:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Netters!

What follows is probably of general interest .... You may have a similar
problem given our extensive use of graphics and numerical data.

I own an old Mac (actually a Mac II System 7 with pmmu 8MB),
but a new SGI (INDIGO R4000 Elan).
They are connected through thin ethernet. I usually connect to the SGI
using Versaterm Pro (vt100 emulation) from the Mac. Leaving the
Graphics terminal open. For most of my needs this is ok.

I am looking for desktop publishing/presentation graphics software,
and favor many of the Mac products, in spite of the presentation 
graphics software available in the SGI (which I feel is not as flexible).

My old Mac has none of the graphics needed for the desktop publishing /
presentation graphics software, but investing in a new Mac just for
the graphics seems wasteful given the SGI.

***
Are you aware of an emulator that would run Mac software in the SGI?
Or SGI software capable of reading Mac files from programs like MSWORD.
Reading Mac graphics files into the SGI is not that difficult since they
both swallow postscript files. 
***

gus mercier
[email-masked]