Subject: Re: Rasmol

From: [email-masked] (Pieter Stouten)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 14:24:06 -0500

>I mentioned Rasmol, a protein visualization program, in a recent
>posting.
> [...]
>I don't
>know if it's ftp-able from the above host;  perhaps someone with
>more precise information can follow-up.
>
It's ftp-able from ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk in /pub/rasmol

From the README file:
+ RasMol2 is a X Windows tool intended for the visulisation of proteins
+ and nucleic acids. RasMol requires to be either an 8 bit pseudo colour
+ or a 24 bit true colour display. The program reads in a specifed
+ Brookhaven protein databank file and determines the connectivity from
+ the residue information provided. This is then rendered on the screen
+ in a variety of formats. Currently available options include depth-cued
+ line drawings, sticks, space filling `union of spheres', `ball and
+ stick' and protein ribbons representations.

Cheers, Pieter.

Pieter Stouten, Senior Research Scientist    ||
Computer Aided Drug Design Group             ||
The Du Pont Merck Pharmaceutical Company     ||    Adventures get spoiled
P.O. Box 80353, Wilmington, DE 19880-0353    ||   by being reduced to data
Phone: +1 (302) 695 3515                     ||             --
ARA/Fax: +1 (302) 695 4324                   ||        Poul Anderson
E-mail: [email-masked]      ||
Internet Shogi Server: kzinti                ||