Subject: Molecular Simulations

From: [email-masked] (Jaikwang Shin)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 14:46:06 +0900

Dear Netters:
   Does anybody know about the journal "Molecular Simulations"?
Which sorts of papers are reported in that journal and how many
issues are published a year? Who is the editor in chief and 
What is the mailing address to send manuscript?
Any sorts of information will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Jai K. Shin
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Pieter Stouten)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 08:54:43 -0500

>Does anybody know about the journal "Molecular Simulations"?
I think it is a very good journal. For some unintelligible reason it is far
less popular in USA than Europe.

>issues are published a year?
>
Both theoretical/methods and applications papers, mainly dealing with MD,
MM and MC simulations/calculations, force field development, but has also
more general modelling papers. The accent is on papers that have both
methods and applications in them. Most papers address issues in chemistry,
many of them in the area of biomolecules. A very good issue is Volume 10,
Number 2-6 (1993), which is a special issue on "Molecular Simulation of
Biological Molecules." You should be able to get that issue as a sample
copy. Some contributors: van Gunsteren, Nakamura, Kollman, Bruccoleri,
Mezei, Stouch and McCammon.

>Who is the editor in chief and 
Editor in Chief is N. Quirke. manuscripts can be sent to him or to one of
the appropriate regional editors (Gubbins, Cornell or van Gunsteren, ETH).
I suppose you should submit to Quirke. His address is: BP Research Centre,
Chertsey Road, Sunbury-on-Thames, MiddlesexTW16 7LN, England, UK.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Pieter.

Pieter Stouten, Senior Research Scientist    ||
Computer Aided Drug Design Group             ||
The Du Pont Merck Pharmaceutical Company     ||    Adventures get spoiled
P.O. Box 80353, Wilmington, DE 19880-0353    ||   by being reduced to data
Phone: +1 (302) 695 3515                     ||             --
ARA/Fax: +1 (302) 695 4324                   ||        Poul Anderson
E-mail: [email-masked]      ||
Internet Shogi Server: kzinti                ||