Subject: 2nd CCCC revised announcement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 15:36 EST

Please find attached the revised 2nd announcement for the
Canadian Computational Chemistry Conference.
  This will hopefully answer some questions that have been asked.
   Take care!
             Ken Edgecombe

        Second Announcement and Call for Papers (Jan. 12/94 rev.)
          2nd Canadian Computational Chemistry Conference
      Deuxieme Conference Canadienne en Chimie Computationelle
           Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
                         May 21-25, 1994

     This is the second announcement of the 2nd CCCC  and the second call
for contributed papers and posters.  Bringing together Computational
Chemists from academia, government, and industry from around the world,
the CCCC consists of invited talks, contributed talks, and poster sessions.
The program is divided into four general subject areas:
       Applications of Computational Chemistry:
               Biological, Pharmaceutical, Material Science, and Chemical
       Electronic Structure Computations:
               Density Functional Theory and Ab Initio Methods
       Collision and Dynamics Computations
       Current and Future Trends
Confirmed invited speakers (to date)
   A. Bandrauk  (Sherbrooke)              P. Mezey   (Saskatchewan)
   R. Bartlett  (Florida)                 G. Patey   (U.B.C.)
   P. Brumer    (Toronto)                 R. Poirier (M.U.N.)
   C. Bunge     (U.N.A.M., Mexico)        D. Salahub (Montreal)
   E. Carter    (U.C.L.A.)                J. Tirado-Rives (Yale)
   G. Diercksen (Max Planck Inst.)        R. Wyatt   (Texas)
   D.A. Dixon   (Dupont)                  W. Yang    (Duke)
   M. Dupuis    (IBM)                     M. Zerner  (Florida)
   S. Fraga     (Alberta)                 T. Ziegler (Calgary)
   P. Kollman   (U.C.S.F.)

As well, there will be hardware and software vendor exhibits.
Confirmed corporate participants (to date)
     Cray Research                   Silicon Graphics
     High Performance Computing      Sun Microsystems
     IBM

Travel:
     Kingston is accessible directly by bus and train from Montreal,
  Ottawa, and Toronto and by airplane directly from Montreal and Toronto.

Registration:
     To encourage participation in the conference by undergraduate
and graduate students, the conference registration fees for these
students have been set slightly lower:

                Regular                       Student
     Plan A:   $360.00 (CDN)                 $310.00 (CDN)
          Includes accommodation (4 nights), breakfasts, lunches,
       coffee breaks, and wine and cheese socials.  The accommodation
       consists of a single room in the university residence.

                Regular                       Student
     Plan B:   $200.00 (CDN)                 $170.00 (CDN)
          Includes lunches, coffee breaks, and wine and cheese socials.

     Alternate accommodation and restaurants are within walking distance
   of the conference site.

     Due to numerous inquiries, spousal and group accomodation/rates have
   been arranged.  Contact Ken Edgecombe (see below) for details.

     NOTE:  Registration deadline:  Feb. 15, 1994
       Registrations postmarked after Feb. 15, 1994, will be required
   to pay registration fees of $380.00 and $220.00 for Plans A and B,
   respectively.  The corresponding student fees become $330.00 and
   $190.00.

     To register, send cheque or money order made payable to
          2nd Canadian Computational Chemistry Conference
     along with registration information to:

          Dr. Ken Edgecombe
          Dept. of Chemistry           [email-masked]
          Queen's University
          Kingston, Ontario            FAX (613) 545-6669
          Canada   K7L 3N6

  Organizing Committee for the 2nd CCCC:
     A. D. Becke, K. E. Edgecombe, V. H. Smith, Jr., D. M. Wardlaw,
  D. F. Weaver, Dept. of Chem., Queen's University

Registration Form:
               --------------------------------------

Name: ..............................................................
Address: ...........................................................
         ...........................................................
         ...........................................................
e-mail: ............................................................
Phone: ........................  FAX: ..............................
Status:   __ regular               __ student
          __ contributed poster    __ attend only

Registration Selection:  Plan A:__      Plan B:__

Subject area: ......................................................
Title: .............................................................
       .............................................................
       .............................................................
               ABSTRACT DEADLINE: April 1, 1994

Abstracts should be submitted in camera ready form and limited to one
page.  If submitted by e-mail use standard ASCII characters only.