Subject: Re: TN3270

From: [email-masked] (Sam Milosevich)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 94 12:53:28 CST

> From [email-masked] Fri Jan 14 07:37:59 1994
> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 13:13:25 EST
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> 
> Does a version of the communication program TN3270 exist for
> VAX-VMS ?

FYI -- TGV MULTINET will do it.

$ help multinet telnet /tn3270

MULTINET

  TELNET

    /TN3270

     /TN3270=tn3270-negotiation-mode
     /NOTN3270

      The /TN3270 qualifier allows the negotiation of IBM 3270 emulation
      mode.  The default, /TN3270=AUTOMATIC, causes TELNET to
      automatically negotiate IBM 3270 emulation mode with the foreign
      host.  If the foreign host supports IBM 3270 mode then TELNET
      automatically enters IBM 3270 emulation mode.  /TN3270=FORCE forces
      TELNET into IBM 3270 emulation mode when communicating with a
      machine that supports IBM 3270 mode, but which does not negotiate
      this mode in such a way that TELNET can automatically determine that
      IBM 3270 emulation mode is possible.  In particular, IBM 370 systems
      running the ACCESS/MVS TCP package seem to have this problem
      (requiring the use of /TN3270=FORCE).  The /NOTN3270 switch can be
      used to entirely disable IBM 3270 emulation mode negotiation.

@MULTINET MULTINET TELNET Subtopic?