Subject: Grant Program for ACS Satellite Seminar on Modeling for Drug Design

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 94 15:30:14 EST

Digital Is Sponsoring Grants for ACS Satellite Seminar on "Molecular Modeling:  
  The Small Molecule Approach", 1:00PM to 4:00PM EST,  March 29, 1994
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digital is offering 20 grants to universities and colleges to reduce 
the ACS viewing site fee to $500. (a savings of $600.; U.S. Price) for 
this satellite seminar on drug design modeling.

Contact Cyrelle Gerson (202)872-8728 [e-mail: [email-masked]] or 
Carol Valverde (202) 872-6124 at ACS for more information on 
the grant program.

The three-hour satellite seminar will feature leading research experts 
who are developing new modeling techniques and are successfully putting
them to work solving practical problems in drug design research.
Organized by Dr. J. Phillip Bowen of the University of Georgia, the
seminar will include the following presentations:

-  Conceptual Framework for Drug Design, by Garland R. Marshall,
Director of the Center for Molecular Design and Professor of
Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University

-  Molecular Modeling in the Design of Potent and Selective D1
Agonists, by Yvonne C. Martin, Senior Project Leader, Computer-
Assisted Molecular Design, Abbott Laboratories

-  Use of Pharmacophore Models in the Design of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate,
by Daniel F. Ortwine, Research Associate, Parke-Davis Pharmaceutical
Research Division, Warner-Lambert Company.

This seminar will also feature two panel discussions--a unique and
exciting opportunity to speak directly to the guest panelists and to
pose any questions you may have about pharmacophore modeling.