Subject: ICSI94

From: [email-masked] (Walace Sartori Bonfim)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 1994 11:11:57 -0300

Dear reader,

Due to the wide spectrum of people that might be interested in the
subjects to be discussed during the III International Conference on Systems
Integration, we decided to post this call for papers in your mailing list.

We encourage you to participate in this event as a paper author.

The paper arrival deadline is March 3, 1994.

Please forward this message to whoever you think it might be of interest and we
appreciate your effort to post it.

Thanks,

Prof. Fuad Gattaz Sobrinho
Conference Chairman

    -----------------------------------------------------------------
			   Call for Papers

	The Third International Conference for Systems Integration
			Sao Paulo City - Brazil

		     July 30th - August 6th, 1994
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

The Integration of Society for the Social, Economical, Scientific and
Technological Development. This conference focuses on the integration
of technologies, processes and systems, and the development of mechanisms
and tools enabling solutions to complex multi-disciplinary problems dealing
with agriculture, housing, telecommunications, financing and business,
public services, education and software. The conference will provide an
international and interdisciplinary forum in which researchers, educators,
managers, practitioners and politicians, involved within the production
process, can share novel research and development, education, production,
trading, management and political experiences. Papers should deal with
recent effort in theory, design, implementation, methodology, technics,
tools and experiences of integration. Topics to be addressed include, but
are not limited to:

     Technical and Scientific Aspects:
	- Integration, Modeling, Characterization and Automation of Process
	  and Systems
	- Reengineering and Simplification of Processes
	- Computational Environments and Software Factories for Engineerind,
	  Design, Manufacturing and System Development
	- Rol of Human Engineering in Integration
	- Experiences within National or Continental Software Projects
	- The Implication of Systems Integration for Manpower Skills
	- Quality Control and Certification in Organizational and Process
	  Integration.

     Social, Political and Economical Aspects:
	- Experiences in Modeling, Development, Evolution and Integration
	  of Enterprises
	- Experiences in Management and Identification of Value-Add Chains
	  within Agriculture, Housing, Telecommunications, Financing and
	  Business, Public Services, Education and Software
	- Public Policies and City Management
	- Management of Multi-dimensional Integration.

     Infrastructure Aspects:
	- Qualified Information Resources
	- Education and Training
	- Science and Technology
	- Enterprise Development.

Information and Instructions for Authors: All papers must be in English
or  Portuguese, typed in double spaced format, and may not exceed 6,000
words. Each submission should provide a cover page containing author(s),
affiliation(s), complete address(es), identification of principal author,
and telephone number. Also include SIX copies of complete text with a
title and abstract. Notice of acceptance will be mailed to the principal
author(s) by March 15, 1994. If accepted, the author(s) will prepare the
final manuscript, in English, in time for inclusion in the conference
proceedings and will present the paper at the conference; otherwise, the
author(s) will incur a page charge. Authors of accepted papers must sign
a copyright release form. The proceedings will be published by the IEEE
Computer Society Press.

Send SIX copies of your paper(s) to:

Prof. Peter A. Ng
IIISis - USA Office - New Jersey Institute of Technology
University Heights
Newark, NJ  07102
USA

For Further Information, Contact:

Prof. Peter A. Ng		 Prof. Fuad Gattaz Sobrinho
Fone:(1) (201) 596-3387     OR   Phone:(55)(192) 41-4504
Fax: (1)(201) 596-5777		 Fax:  (55)(192) 41-3098
Email: [email-masked]	 Email: [email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>> Paper Arrival Deadline: March 3rd, 1994 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
-------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFERENCE COMMITTEE

Conference Chair		Fuad Gattaz Sobrinho
				IIISis
Program Chair			Peter A. Ng
				NJIT
Finance & Business Co-Chair	Alcir A. Calliari
				Banco do Brasil
Agriculture Co-Chair		Ney B. Araujo
				ABAG
European Co-Chair		Herbert Weber
				University of Dortmund
Pac!fic Co-Chair		Fumihiko Kamijo
				IPA
Middle East Co-Chair		Asuman Dogac
				METU
South America Co-Chair		Julio C. S. P. Leite
				PUC/RJ
North America Co-Chair		Bruce Berra
				Syracuse University
Tutorials Co-Chairs		Oscar Ivan Palma Pacheco
				EMBRAPA
				Murat M. Tanik
				SMU
Organization Co-Chairs		Rita de Cassia A. Marchiore
				IIISis
				Carole Poth
				NJIT
Steering Committee Chair	Peter A. Ng
				NJIT
Honorary Advisors		Raymond T. Yeh
				C. V. Ramamoorthy
				Laurence C. Seifert
Honorary Conference Chair	Irma Rossetto Passoni
				Sc&Tech, Info. and Comm. Comission of
				Brazilian Congress.

Sponsored by IIISis - International Institute for Systems Integration,
BB - Banco do Brasil, TELEBRAS, FINEP, CNPq, FBB, with colaboration of
NJIT, SUCESU, EMBRAPA, ABAG, ACM e IEEE Computer Society.

Instituto Internacional de Integracao de Sistemas - IIISis - Brazil.