Subject: Spring ACS Scientific Visualization and Multi-Media Program

From: [email-masked] (Kevin P. Cross Ext. 3192)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 14:07:05 EST

Below is the program for the Scientific Visualization and Multi-Media
Symposium at the Spring ACS National Meeting in San Diego March 13-18th.
Mark your calendars now and plan to stay through Thursday for an exciting time!

	Sincerely,

	James W. Cooper, [email-masked]
	Kevin P. Cross, [email-masked]
	Weige Xue, [email-masked]
	(the symposium organizers)

ACS SPRING NATIONAL MEETING: COMPUTERS IN CHEMISTRY DIVISION
PROGRAM FOR SCIENTIFIC VISUALIZATION AND MULTI-MEDIA SYMPOSIUM

WEDNESDAY MORNING MARCH 16, 1994

8:45-8:55       Introductory Remarks

8:55-9:25       VISUALIZATION OF MULTIDIMENSIONAL NMR DATA,
		Robert D. Johnson, Peter Bluemler, Richter Rafey and
		Dominique Brodbeck, IBM Almaden Research Center

9:25-9:55       VISUALIZATION OF CHANGES ON ELECTRONIC PROPERTIES DURING
		CHEMICAL REACTIONS, James O. Currie, Jr., Pacific University

9:55-10:25      VISUALIZING MOLECULAR ELECTROSTATIC FIELDS,
		Richard Sefecka, David Silverman and Dan Platt,
		IBM T J Watson Research Center

10:25-10:30     break

10:30-11:00     VISUALIZING IR AND NMR SPECTROSCOPY,
		Charles B. Abrams, McGill University

11:00-11:30     COMPUTER GRAPHIC APPROACHES TO VISUALIZING BIOMOLECULAR INTERACTIONS,
		Arthur J. Olson, Molecular Graphics Laboratory,
		The Scripps Research Institute,

11:30-12:00     VISUALIZATION AND ANIMATION OF ORGANIC REACTIONS ON A PC.
		James W. Cooper and Bernard Landman, IBM Watson Research

THURSDAY MORNING MARCH 17, 1994

9:00 - FACILITATING PROBLEM-SPECIFIC MOLECULAR VISUALIZATION: THE
       MIDASPLUS DELEGATE FACILITY, Conrad Huang, Eric Pettersen, Greg
       Couch, Thomas Ferrin, University of California, San Francisco.

9:30 - MOLECULAR MODELING AT THE METACENTER, Richard E. Gillilan,
       Cornell Theory Center.

10:00 - DEVELOPMENTS IN SCIENTIFIC VISUALIZATION AND MULTI-MEDIA,
	Mark E. Berger, Silicon Graphics.

10:30 - PROTEIN SURFACES AS TARGETS FOR STRUCTURE-BASED DRUG DESIGN,
	Brad A. Jameson, J. M. McDonnell, R. Wiaderkiewicz,
	Thomas Jefferson University.

11:00 - MAPPING CONFIGURATIONAL HYPERSPACE IN PROTEINS, Leo S. D.
	Caves, J. D. Evanseck, M. Karplus, Harvard University.

11:30 - ANIMATION OF CHEMICAL REACTIONS: NEW TOOLS FOR ASSIGNING
	MECHANISM, Warren J. Hehre, Wavefunction, Inc.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON MARCH 17, 1994

1:00 - A TOOL TO ENHANCE THE COMMUNICATION OF COMPLEX BIOMEDICAL
       CONCEPTS, Rod Cuddihee, Peter B. Goncalves, Sacred Heart
       University.

1:30 - MULTIMEDIA AND SCIENTIFIC VISUALIZATION IN CHEMICAL EDUCATION,
       John W. Moore, Paul F. Schatz, University of Wisconsin-Madison.

2:00 - VISUALIZATION OF ORBITAL POLARIZATION USING AVS, Doug A. Smith,
       The University of Toledo.

2:30 - DEVELOPMENT OF COMPUTER GRAPHIC VISUALIZATION AIDS FOR THE
       UNDERGRADUATE CHEMISTRY CURRICULUM, Nathan S. Lewis, Juniko
       Moody, Christopher W. Bryant, Mark Huber, Scott Townsend, Michael
       Medaglia, Anthony Molinaro, Andre Yew, California Institute of
       Technology.

3:00 - VISUAL CRYSTALLOGRAPHY, Erin N. Thornton, Anthony C. Hess, Chance
       R. Younkin, Battelle Pacific Northwest Laboratory.

3:30 - ADVANCED VISUALIZATION TECHNIQUES FOR POLYMER FLOW MODELING,
       Pascal J. B. Landi, Hoechst Celanese Corp.