Subject: chelpg and g92.

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 21:14:30 -0600 (CST)

G'day, CCL Netters,

The version of chelpgunix.f in the CCL archives reads G90 chk files.
Does anyone have a version that reads G92 files?

It would be necessary (I think) to alter COMMON /MOL/ since MaxAtm in
G90 was 400 and it is 1000 in G92. Changes would also need to be made in
COMMON /B/. I also suspect that reading G92 files would come across the
same problem I asked about recently reading C in /MOL/ in psig90. This 
gives incorrect results in some cases. It seems necessary to read and 
then untangle the coordinates of each shell. Alternately, chelpg could 
be written to read the ascii chk file produced using formchk.

If anyone does have a version for g92, could it be put in the CCL
archives? It would save us reinventing the wheel.

Cheers, Brian
-- 
        Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke)
School of Chemistry and Earth Sciences, Northern Territory University,
Box 40146, Casuarina, NT 0811, Australia.  Phone 089-466702
e-mail: [email-masked]  or [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Frisch)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 11:50:25 EST

Brian Salter-Duke asked:

    G'day, CCL Netters,

    
    
Gaussian 92 can do potential-derived charges itself -- Pop=ChelpG on the
route card will do it.  The default atomic radii used are those recommended
by Breneman, but you can specific your own if you like.

Mike Frisch
-------