Subject: Fitting of CD spectra

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 13:41:58 EST

Dear Netters,

Does anybody have experience with program(s) to fit CD spectra
and programs which can do CD deconvolution? Thanks already.

Michiel Bouman

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 08:13:55 -0600 (CST)

> and programs which can do CD deconvolution? Thanks already.

Yes, I do that quite often for Proteins.  There are different algorithms
for accomplishing this and the most popular of which is called VARSELEC
>from Curtis Johnson's group (utilises SVD).  Gerald Fasman also
distributes code to deconvolve CD spectra.  Of course, the most rigorous
one I know of is called CONTIN (by Provencher).  I would be more than
happy to answer any specific questions.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                                 [email-masked] - Internet
UNIX Programming & Administration         [email-masked] - CIS
SPARC & SGI Systems                       [email-masked] - CHPC
Department of Biochemistry                [email-masked]
UTHSCSA       
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                       (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************