Subject: Fitting of CD spectra

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 13:41:58 EST

Dear Netters,

Does anybody have experience with program(s) to fit CD spectra
and programs which can do CD deconvolution? Thanks already.

Michiel Bouman

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 08:13:55 -0600 (CST)

> and programs which can do CD deconvolution? Thanks already.

Yes, I do that quite often for Proteins.  There are different algorithms
for accomplishing this and the most popular of which is called VARSELEC
from Curtis Johnson's group (utilises SVD).  Gerald Fasman also
distributes code to deconvolve CD spectra.  Of course, the most rigorous
one I know of is called CONTIN (by Provencher).  I would be more than
happy to answer any specific questions.

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                                 [email-masked] - Internet
UNIX Programming & Administration         [email-masked] - CIS
SPARC & SGI Systems                       [email-masked] - CHPC
Department of Biochemistry                [email-masked]
UTHSCSA       
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                       (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************