Subject: HyperChem Announcement

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Slee)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 16:05:56 -0500

Hypercube Inc. today announced that it has negotiated a mutual release 
>from its License Agreement with Autodesk Inc.  The release returns the
sales and marketing rights for HyperChem, which had been held by Autodesk, 
to Hypercube.  HyperChem is Hypercube's flagship molecular modeling product.  
The mutual release is effective immediately.  Autodesk will continue to 
sell HyperChem Release 3 for a short interim period.  Hypercube should 
begin shipping its new release of HyperChem within 60 days, and it is 
expected to be sold through the same channels.

"We are really excited about getting our products back," said Dr. Neil 
Ostlund, founder and CEO of Hypercube.  "Autodesk helped us get started as a 
scientific software company, but their focus is really on Computer 
Automated Design (CAD).  We recently launched a companion product to 
HyperChem called ChemPlus; its success helped convince me that it now 
makes more sense for us to market our own products."

As a result of the new arrangement, Hypercube Inc. will be expanding its
range of products and the range of platforms that are supported.

The full Press Release can be retrieved from CCL archives by sending a 
message:
   select chemistry
   get info/software-packages/hypercube.note
   quit
to [email-masked] or use the gopher/anon-ftp/mosaic to access this file
on www.ccl.net