Subject: Any takers for Density Functional Theory Book

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 16:50:54 -0500

Dear Netters,

I am getting questions about the book which I coedited with Jan Andzelm:
  Density Functional Methods in Chemistry (Eds. Jan Labanowski, Jan Andzelm)
  Springer-Verlag, New York, 1991
like every other week. The book is out of print. No more books in even the
more obscure book warehouses.
My question is... Should I talk to Springer-Verlag and encourage them
to do a reprint? If so, how big is the interest in this book?

To repell accusiations that I am greedy: I did not take a penny for editing
the book then, and will not take a penny for it now, if it is reprinted.

Now, if you see that it is still needed and is not terribly out of date,
maybe, there will be a chance to encourage Springer-Verlag to reprint it.

So please, send me your vote: 
   Would you buy, or recommend for your library to buy the book, if it was
   available? 
Your vote is noncommitting, of course. I will keep your responses in strict
confidence and delete them in about a week. I just need to see if there
is an interest in the book.

Jan Labanowski
[email-masked]