Subject: rational drug design

From: [email-masked] (Marty Gallagher)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 10:10:22 -0800

Hello,

	A while back someone asked about success stories in rational
drug design.  In that light, what does the group think of the Merck
groups article in *Science* 23:380-384 where they rationally designed
inhibitors of HIV protease?

-- Marty

========================================================================
Martin J. Gallagher	    phone:   (617) 432-1729	  
Dept. of Neurobiology	    fax:     (617) 734-7557	  
Harvard Medical School	    E-mail:  [email-masked]
220 Longwood Ave
Boston, MA  02115							  

	Neither Schrodinger nor Einstein "suberted the dominant paradigm." 
Rather, they complemented it in order to descibe areas of the Ultimate
Reality that Newton did not see.
	Those who categorically reject tradition in order to avoid 
conformity are still bound by it. Those who seek truth for truth's sake
are truly free.

					-- Me