Subject: rational drug design

From: [email-masked] (Marty Gallagher)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 94 11:40:51 -0800

On Friday I asked about the successful rational design of an HIV
protease inhibitor.

I have two corrections to that post

1.)  It is in Science vol 263, not vol 23   (typo)

2.)  The group is from Dupont-Merck which is not the same thing as Merck
 (my ignorance) -- Didn't we have a post a while back on corporate
names?

Hope these corrections help.

-- Marty

========================================================================
Martin J. Gallagher	    phone:   (617) 432-1729	  
Dept. of Neurobiology	    fax:     (617) 734-7557	  
Harvard Medical School	    E-mail:  [email-masked]
220 Longwood Ave
Boston, MA  02115							  

	Neither Schrodinger nor Einstein "suberted the dominant paradigm." 
Rather, they complemented it in order to descibe areas of the Ultimate
Reality that Newton did not see.
	Those who categorically reject tradition in order to avoid 
conformity are still bound by it. Those who seek truth for truth's sake
are truly free.

					-- Me