Subject: ACS Book Series on Computers in Chemistry

From: "STEPHEN R. HELLER" <[email-masked]>
Date: 8 Feb 94 10:53:00 EDT

8 February, 1994

ANNOUNCEMENT

     The ACS has initiated a new Computers in Chemistry -
Reference Book Series.  I have been appointed over-all editor of
the series.

     The goal of the ACS is to produce a series of books which
will be useful reference books in various areas of computer
chemistry.  This is NOT a book series for symposia or other
highly timely, but narrow areas.  The ACS will continue to
publish the ACS Symposium Series of books.

     Each book in the series will be written and/or edited by
various individuals who are experts in their respective areas of
computer chemistry.

     The first book in this series in now going into production.
It is by Hansch & Leo - "QSAR in Chemistry & Biology".

     This message is a "call for authors".  I would like to hear
>from anyone who is interested in writing or editing a book for
this series.  A number of areas come to mind, such as:

1. Applications of Super Computers
2. Internet/Telecommunications/Computer Networks
3. Molecular Modeling/Drug Design
4. LIMS
5. Polymer Modeling
6. Neural Networks
7. Data Analysis/Curve Fitting Software
8. 2D/3D Structure Searching
9. Data Standards/Data Exchange/Interchange

     If anyone is interested in this project, please contact me
by INTERNET, mail, FAX, or phone:

Stephen R. Heller
Informatics Project Leader
Plant Genome Research Program
USDA, ARS, BARC-West 
Building 005, Room 337
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350  USA 
                              
Phone:     301-504-6055
FAX:       301-504-6231
INTERNET:  [email-masked]

     To initiate the ACS review of any proposed book for this
series I will need, at least, a tentative title, outline, list of
chapters, and authors.