Subject: Re: CCL:Request for Molecular Graphics Software

From: [email-masked] (Craig W. Burkhart)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 94 10:54:46 -0500

If you are interested in animating/property analysis, I believe there
is a program from QCPE called mdXvu (QCPE #627). It is written for
a pure X-windows environment, so it should be pretty portable.
Check with them. Their salient info is:

Quantum Chemistry Program Exchange
Fone:     812.855.4784
Fax:             .5539
Email:    [email-masked]
ftp:      qcpe6.chem.indiana.edu (anonymous ftp passwd: guest)

P.S. mdXvu is written to deal with AMBER trajectory files. You can either
     input in this format, or write a routine to read your own custom
     trajectory files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig W. Burkhart, Ph.D.                   Senior Research Chemist 
E-mail: [email-masked]             The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
Fone:   216.796.3163                       Research Center
Fax:    216.796.3304                       142 Goodyear Boulevard
					   Akron, OH   44305
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled - Feynman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Jesus M. Castagnetto Mizuaray)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 1994 21:00:59 -0500

Sorry to use the bandwidth, but I tried to send the following message to
the original poster, but I got a bounced mail.

> To: [email-masked]
If you can output XYZ coordinates, maybe XMol it's for you. You can
get info from [email-masked]. Last time I saw it there was a working
version for SGI machines, and versions for other platforms were in
beta.
Hope this helps.

-----
    Jesus M. Castagnetto Mizuaray      | "Organic Chemistry: The practice
Dep.of Chemistry - New York University | of transmuting vile substances 
4 Washington Pl, Room 514. NY 10003    | into publications" (The Last Word-
    [email-masked]       | The Ultimate Scientific Dictionary)