Subject: Re: religious debate

From: Dongchul Lim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 23:30:32 EST

=== One more bomb to the battle field ===
The question of which language is the best depends on what you
want to do with it and how experienced you and your colleagues
are with that language.
If the majority of members in a group are familiar with a
particular language, it'll be much more effective to do a co-work
with that language, unless it has tremendous deficiencies.
Likewise, if you're very familiar with one language, there are
not many reasons to code in other languages.
Objected-oriented, graphics, or operating system-related programs
can be written more efficiently with C or object-oriented languages
such as SmallTalk and C++.
But if you're going to write a simple number crunching program
such as Huckel Theory, you'll never need C++.
You could do it with fortran, basic, perl, awk... Maybe even
with Korn shell script. Or maybe with Texas Instrument calculator.
-D