Subject: Re: CCL:Nomenclature Programs

From: "DR. DOUGLAS A. SMITH, UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 15:05:59 -0500 (EST)

There is already a program that can take a structure and generate a name
>from the graphical input.  It is called Autonom, and was developed and
is maintained by the folks at the Beilstein Institute.  It runs on a PC and
I believe a VAX.  For a software review, see:

Smith, D. A. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1992, 114, 10680-1.

For articles describing the algorithms, see:

Goebels, L; Lawson, A. J.; Wisniewski, J. L. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 1991, 
31, 216.
Wisniewski, J. L. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 1990, 30, 324.

The program is sold through Springer-Verlag, 175 Fifth Avenue, NY, NY
10010.  Voice:  212-460-1500.  Fax 212-473-6272.  The person who used to
be in charge and may still be was Barbara Lange.

Doug

Douglas A. Smith
Assistant Professor
Department of Chemistry
 and member,
Center for Drug Design and Development
The University of Toledo
Toledo, OH  43606-3390

voice    419-537-2116
fax      419-537-4033
email    [email-masked]