Subject: Re: Questions about MDL

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 17:36:28 -0500

Forwarding a clarification to the list...
Jan, [email-masked]

---------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------
>From [email-masked] Fri Feb 11 11:44:46 1994
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 08:02:18 -0800 (PST)
From: "Michele Meyers, Extension 1385" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:  Questions about MDL
To: [email-masked]

Patrick van der Valk ([email-masked]) inquired:

>Hi there, 
>
>I am interested in obtaining the ISIS/DRAW & ISIS/BASE package.However, a
>couple of days ago someone told me that the company that supports this
>package (MDL) is in serious problems. Does anyone know more about this?
>Thanks.
----------  signature deleted -------

Your inquiry about the state of MDL was forwarded to me by a number
of MDL's partner companies.  I would like to reply briefly and encourage
you to contact us directly for more information.  

MDL is indeed alive and well here in San Leandro, CA.  We became a public
company back in July, 1993.  The information you may have heard about
financial difficulty stems from our former owners, Maxwell Communications,
being bankrupt.  MDL was one of the few profitable businesses owned
by this company and as such, we went public to earn money to pay off
the debtors of our parent.  As a new company with a new name, MDL is
strong financially, our products are being enhanced to deliver new
functionality, and you can count on long-term support from us for
any products you purchase.  We have been a profitable company for the
15 years we have been in business and continue strong now that we are
out from under the Maxwell umbrella.

I hope you feel more confident about purchasing MDL products.  Feel free
to contact me to ask more specific questions, or contact our telemarketing
group at 800 MDL 0064 for details on our products.  

Michele Meyers
Manager, Business Relationships
Third Party Marketing
MDL Information Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]
510 895-1313 x 1385
----------- End Forwarded Message -----------