Subject: algorithm for Cn axes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 17:30:32 +0100

Dear CClers

Is there an easy way (even complicated will do) to find the principal axes
of symmetry of a given molecule knowing only the atoms coordinates, it is not
only to be able to build internal coordinates (as MOPAC or other packages do)
but to be of general use, (I think Spartan does it).
Sorry if it is a FAQ.

Francois Savary
--------------------------------------------------------------
Francois Savary

Department of Physical Chemistry
University of Geneva
30, quai Ernest-Ansermet
CH-1211 Geneva 4

phone  : +4122 702 65 32
fax    : +4122 702 65 18
e-mail : [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------