Subject: Internet Access Available at San Diego ACS Meeting

From: "STEPHEN R. HELLER" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Feb 94 08:29:00 EDT

15 February, 1994

Beilstein Information Systems, the newly created company for the
distribution of the electronic products of the Beilstein Institute
is pleased to announce it is making Internet access (telnet and
gopher capabilities) available at their booth (#510) at the San
Diego ACS meeting the week of March 13, 1994. 

This access to Internet, to allow meeting attendees to access their
e-mail at their home computers and to perform gopher searches, is
being made available as a public service by Beilstein.  According
to Professor Clemens Jochum, the Managing Director of Beilstein
Information Systems, the new company, wants to show the chemical
community that its partnership with IHS will be a leading force in
the electronic information area for chemists.  By providing
Internet access Beilstein wants to make the Beilstein name
synonymous with modern information tools and techniques.

ACS attendees will be able to come to the Beilstein booth and,
using equipment provided by the local Internet company, CERFnet,
login to any computer in the world which is on the Internet. 
Attendees will be able to do this at no cost and get their e-mail
or do anything they would normally do if they logged into their
computer in their lab or office.

If this precedent setting service proves popular with the meeting
attendees, Beilstein plans to continue to provide Internet access
at future ACS meetings.

For further details please contact Mrs. Christiane Engelmann at 49-
69-7917-410.

The essence of the above also appeared in the February 14, 1994
issue of C&E News - Science & Technology Concentrates section, page
21.