Subject: ques to molscript users

From: "Robert F. Setlik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 12:05:31 -0500

Hi netters,

	I am trying to make a MOLSCRIPT picture with both protein and nucleic acid
structurees with protein in ball-and-sick and NA in line.

	First the NA stuff,

I currentlu have the expression:

  bonds in type G;
  bonds in type C;
  bonds in type A;

but since I specify the bases separately, I do not get the bond between the P and
O3' of adjacent residues.  I then tried to follow this with the statement:

  bonds require atom O*' and atom P and require in type A and type C;

to put in the bond.  It does not work however; the 'and' between P and require
gives me a syntax error.  does anyone know what the problem is or has a better
way of doing it?

	The protein stuff:

I have a methionine in ball-and-stick, but do not get a bond to the sulfer.
this can be fixed by increasing the allowed bond length, but puts in bonds 
between atoms that should not be bonded (eg, between the terminal H's of the
side chain).

If anyone has any ideas, or sample inputs to send, I would be grateful.  I will
summerize if the response is so interested.

		Rob Setlik
..