Subject: MM2/3 <-> Sybyl MOL/MOL2 file conversion free!!!

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 22:14:06 -0500

Dear Netters,

We have another addition to our archives. Thanks to Dora Schnur
([email-masked]) from Monsanto for making this possible. 

The NEWGEO program (source code in C) allows interconversion between
MM2/MM3 format and Sybyl MOL/MOL2 format. There are also precious utility
subroutines. How to get it?
As usual, use anon.ftp or gopher on www.ccl.net.
The compressed tar archive is
   /pub/chemistry/software/mmconv/mmconv.tar.Z
remember that this is a binary file and use binary before get when ftp-ing.
Archive contains all files. If you are on UNIX, you know what to do:
   zcat mmconv.tar.Z | tar xvof -
If you are not on UNIX, then you can retrieve all files in subdirectories
one by one (there are many of them). If you cannot ftp then do something
about it for your own sake (e.g., talk to your boss), since e-mail is a pain
in the neck for larger distributions. However, if you are a workoholic
you can retrieve it via e-mail by sending
   select chemistry
   limit 200kb
   size  60kb
   cd software/mmconv
   get mmconv.tar.Z                    (you need UNIX and uudecode)
   get mmconv.tar.Z | untar.z          (if you want each file separately)
   quit

Thanks again to Dora Schnur for this gift.

Jan
[email-masked]

P.S. An remember to read README file. It is a free software but you cannot
sell it {(:-(}