Subject: thiophene oligomer

From: [email-masked] (Yves Verbandt)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 1994 18:51:49 -0800

Dear Netters,

As I am involved in study of the optical properties of the oligomers of
thiophene and phenyl, I would like to ask a question about the heptamer
(n=7) of oligothiophene.  Can anyone provide me (a literature reference is
ok) with information on the geometry of this molecule in the following
situations :
                1) isolated molecule
                2) molecule in 1-propanol (at different temperatures)
                3) molecule in a nonpolar solvent
                4) molecule in in PMMA (solid state)

Thanking you in advance, I will be glad to provide a summary to the list.

Yours sincerely,

==========================================================================
Yves Verbandt                               tel. 32-2-641.36.13
Applied Physics Dept.                       fax.          34.50
Vrije Universiteit Brussel                  email [email-masked]
Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel, BELGIUM                [email-masked]
==========================================================================