Subject: optimal distribution of charges on sphere

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 1994 16:24:00 -0500 (EST)

Dear CCLers,

A computational fluid dynamics friend has asked if we chemists know 
anything about the distribution of points (charges) on a sphere.
(He is interested in bubbles)
I remember seeing some papers on this question but can't place them.
There is some work in theoretical inorganic chemistry and some 
demonstrations of the optimal configurations for quite high N (the
number of points).

Any clues? Please reply to [email-masked] and Martin
Leboeuf or I will summarize to the net, if it seems appropriate.

Dennis Salahub

-- 
************************************************************
*   Dennis Salahub               [email-masked]  *
*   Departement de chimie        Tel. (514) 343-6755       *
*   Universite de Montreal       Fax  (514) 343-2468       *
*   C.P. 6128, Succ. A                                     *
*   Montreal, Quebec  H3C 3J7                              *
*   Canada                                                 *
************************************************************