Subject: re- MD anim. on Quanta/HP

From: "Don Gregory" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 1994 15:45:20 +0000

Subject:                               Time:3:14 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          re: MD anim. on Quanta/HP              Date:2/28/94
Karsten Kemeter of the Max-Plank-Institute asked about running molecular
dynamics animations on the HP using Quanta/CHARMm.

At MSI we have had very good results doing just that.  The only qualification,
in general (Karsten is already in good shape,
but for the rest of those who may be interested) is to ensure
the minimum configuration.  This I give below:

For the HP 9000 (700 series)
HP-UX 9.0.1 operating system
32MB memory
and
24CRXZ or 48CRXZ graphics option

With that, you'd be in good shape.  I hope anyone out there who
has an HP configured minally above is achieving satisfactory
results; we have generally heard excellent reviews by our
curstomers using HP systems.  If anyone has any technical
questions on the above, you could contact the MSI support hotline:
1-800-756-4674    or
[email-masked]

Don Gregory
Mgr. Application Science
MSI