Subject: Thank you all

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 94 10:22 CST

Dear Netters:

      I posted my help request for installation of g92/DFT in Silicongraphics
(IRIS, Indigo) last week, and I have received a lot of very valuable 
suggestions from network.  In my particular case, Professor. Young's suggestion
solve my problem, I finally got g92/DFT run in our machine.  I would
like to summary all the suggestions and post it back to network.  I hope
this summary can help somebody who may have my similar problem.
Thank you all very much for your generous help.    
                                            
                                                yueyi  qin
 ***********************************************************************
 (1)
    My experience is that you need to have the 3.10 compiler to get the
  code to run.  You probably have the 3.5.x compiler?
**********************************************************************
(2)
	I installed Gaussian 92/DFT on our MIPS 4000 SGI Indigos
a couple of months ago.  The following is the note that I made of 
the installation for myself, or whichever of our people installs
the next version.

	Hope this helps.

GAUSSIAN 92 / DFT INSTALLATION

When this version (gaussian 92/DFT)
was installed on the Indigos, there was one change made
to the installations scripts.

In the file "g92/bsd/sgi.make", the variable PARSWITCH had
no options by default.  It was set to

PARSWITCH= -mp 

Note:  This change is probably just due to changes in the most
recent version of the SGI compiler system as far as what is in
what libraries.  Similar steps were necessary with Gaussian 92 and
COLUMBUS.

TEST JOB SUMMARY:

	The test jobs, which were unable to complete sucessfully were

test176  This has a memory fault at the very end, but the sample set that
	came with the program had the same problem, so I am considering it
	a known bug that they are working on fixing.

test230  i.o.  fault in link l1111.exe
	This looks like we just didn't have enough RAM or scratch space
	to run the job.

test268  memory fault  The incore portion of this sequence could not be
	run because it required more RAM than we have available (64 mb).
	The job ran correctly when I deleted the incore portion.

				Jan 1994
***********************************************************************
(3)
This procedure may help you.
Let's assume that you have g92 tree as /usr/g92.
in csh,
1. set g92root=/usr
2. source $g92root/g92/bsd/g92.login  # do it before building g92
3. cd /usr/g92
4. bsd/bldg92 >& log &

On our Indigo & 4D-GT, there was any problems in building g92.
Contact [email-masked] for more information.
Hope this helps,
***************************************************************
(4)
  We had a similar problem on our old Iris that we traced to the
version of the Fortran compiler we were using.  We are running
IRIX 4.0.1 with f77 3.4.1.  The current version of G92 is not
compatibile with these--at least as far as we can tell.  I realize
this is not much help.  Hopefully it can help you track down the
source of your problem.
*****************************************************************